JPA Interview

Tuesday, April 13, 2010
I just want to share what I went through during the interview with you guys and also give you all some idea on how the interview was being held.

What is written below is an edited version. Things that I do not feel like telling is filtered out, so that I still have room for privacy.

Venue: Majlis Bandaraya Ipoh

Course Applied: France Engineering

Time: 2p.m.

Experience: My group consist of 5 person: 2 boys, 3 girls. 1 malay girl and the rest were chinese. I'm the fifth person and also the last person of the batch. 3 of them applied engineering (including me), one applied social science and another applied economy.

Introduction in BM. We talked about our personal particulars, family background, coco achievements, course applied and why you chose that course. When answering the questions, please be careful with your words because they will shoot you back with your answers. I think i did well in this part until the end part. They asked me to name 3 buildings in France and i screwed that up because i don't know the buildings at France!! I knew eiffel tower but was too nervous to think of it!! They also ask me to say some basic French. I told them words like "bonjour" and "mercy". Then one of the interviewers asked me what is air in french and i cannot answer that as well!! Also, they provoked me by saying I chose France because the girls there are hot. So, beware of the interviewers' tricks.

Discussion done partly in english and partly in bm.

1. Discuss about the quality of water in Malaysia.
It was okay with me until the interviewer start to shoot questions at us. The discussion was done in english. Then, the questioning part starts with bm. Ask our opinion on the water quality was not so good when government was in charge of it but the quality becomes better when NGO took over, which one is better, NGO or government and how do we save water. I was the last one to say out how to save water and all my ideas was said by the other four interviewees, leaving myself elaborating their ideas. So, be sure to answer it first!!

Individual part they asked us to nominate a candidate in the room if only one of us can be chosen to go overseas. I chose a girl and gave my reasons. However, I think I should have chosen myself as the one but not others. There was one boy with me that chose himself and the interviewers even joked "now you see the true face of your friends" and we all laughed about it. Some questions regarding New Economic Model, how it helped to bring our economy back to normal level and role of economist in it was asked as I chose the girl that want to study economy.

Lastly, they asked us if we got anything to ask and we didn't ask any questions. Then the interview session ended. The whole session took about one hour.

All in all, the interviewers was quite nice and friendly. The session was more towards a chatting session. So don't be too nervous.

Rating: You all please do rate me after reading it!!

Advices for juniors:
1. Sell yourself if they ask you to nominate a candidate. Show your confidence and mention your strength which makes you special enough to be the one.
2. Drink water before going in. It might be a long interview inside there.
3. Eat until you are very full and make sure you get enough sleep the night before. I was so hungry after the interview even when I ate my lunch before going for the interview.
4. Answer the questions first if you know the answer. Don't let go of your chance to outshine others.

Well, thats all for now. Please do leave some comments on how i did for my interview! ;) One more thing, matriculation result will be announced on 16th of April, which is this Friday. Crossed my fingers for the results that will be announced this week!!
6 Responses
  1. CJ Says:
    This comment has been removed by the author.

  2. CJ Says:

    LOL.....eat until very full and i'll burp in front of the panels.


  3. ~YaNg YanG~ Says:

    Why is the first comment deleted? hmm..

    @Gan: Haha, I don't think you will burp in front of the interviewers. The only thing you have in mind is "omg, what should I say?" and things like that. :P


  4. CJ Says:

    But I did said the **** words in front of the panels.


  5. ~YaNg YanG~ Says:

    They might not know what you spoke at that time. Don't think too much about it la. =)


  6. CJ Says:

    Acting matured a little....

    Your interview's question is quite matured so is your way of understanding and answering. Your preparation of your choices can be seen clearly when you told them that you understood basic French well though you failed to answer some of it which almost everyone should be having the same trouble answering.