What Am I Supposed To Do?

Wednesday, January 27, 2010
A few days ago, I came across an advertisement about an Accelerated Japanese Language (AJL) Study Camp which is organized by UNITEN (Universiti Tenaga Nasional). This is a 2-months program starting from 1st February until 26th March 2010. Based on its name you can know that it is an intensive program and it offers full scholarship to students all over Malaysia that wanted to further their studies in Japan. This idea intrigued me as I always liked anime and manga. Also, Japan is definitely a good choice for me to study engineering beside Germany and France, that is if I'm given a full scholarship. I'm not rich enough to go abroad with my family supporting me.

At first, I thought of going there to learn and play at the same time since I was so bored at home. However, things started to change when I browse through uniten website to get the application form. The schedule is so hectic that it does not have ANY holidays at all including the CNY week!! To add to that, I don't have any cell phone and laptop in my possession now. This will reduce my communicating ability albeit normally there will be computers provided by the university. Another problem I encountered is that I haven't get my school leaving certificate which it requires me to make a copy. I will pay a visit to my secondary school to get it, that is if they already prepared it beforehand. If not, this might be the reason I gave up on this idea. If I succeeded getting into this study camp, I might not get a change to take my own SPM result when the time comes and I might lose the chance to apply for various scholarships offered prior to the release of SPM result which usually last for only a week. I really need these scholarships if I fail to secure the one offered by AJL.

Choosing to go or not to really bothers me a lot in these few days. What am I supposed to do? With the dead line coming really soon, I have to make up my mind whether I want to take this challenge and risk or just continue with my relaxing life for another month until my real SPM result is out.

Life's all about making choices. I hope I will make the correct one and will not regret it later in my life. God bless me.
5 Responses
  1. CJ Says:

    I think that the scholarship offered after result should suit better...not that I don't have faith in you...it's juz that risking one scholarship for a lot more sounds dangerous..still yours decision..


  2. ~YaNg YanG~ Says:

    Yea I thought so too but I can also apply for the scholarships if I own a laptop... But what to do, I don't have one and its the truth! On the other hand, if I secure this one, I will be going Japan to study. That's why I need some thinking about this matter.

    Final decision:?? (I'll know it tomorrow.)


  3. CJ Says:

    so what's the final decision?


  4. Giovanni Says:

    Oh..marvellous chance..
    I think it's really suit for you..
    By the way,
    a laptop is just depends whether you want to have it or not..
    I think your dad will buy for you as you need it for your upper level education too..


  5. CJ Says:

    yea.....wif chew oso i agree....laptop lehz.....why dun u spend the money 4 hp 4 laptop?
    And, long time no c chew.....