New And Distinct Events In My Life

Thursday, March 4, 2010
I love to play badminton! I had been going for badminton practice quite frequently in these few days. The idea of playing badminton was brought up by one of my friends as he longed to engage in badminton and sweat a lot. He called up a few of us and off we went to the court. Its been so long since I last held a racquet and indulge myself in the game seriously. The first few minutes was awkward as it seemed that its not only me that didn't play badminton all this while! Nevertheless, the game went on smoothly. A few hitting, smashing and saving the shuttle cock really made us sweat a lot. I never imagined that playing badminton can be so exhausting albeit I played numerous times before and never got this tired at all! Maybe being a couch potato for 2 months reduced my stamina that I gained through years of marching into dusts. The scarcity of my drinking water even made things worse. Its not that I did not bring my bottle of water. Its just that I misjudged the level of weariness, therefore I brought only 500ml of water with me which is insufficient for me. Some of my friends even didn't bring any as they have similar interpretation as me - playing badminton is not tiring. Nonetheless, we can always get water in a condition, we pay for it. What a materialistic world! The world that is ruled by money. Never mind that, it will be another story for another day. :) For me, playing badminton is exhausting, yet exhilarating. Its definitely fun to hang out with your friends while you still can do exercise.

Despite having the practice in the evening that already deprived me of my strength, I went through an unbelievable night. I was going to attend my friend's birthday party. Since I haven't got my car driving license and my parents are too preoccupied, another friend of mine came to fetch me and a few of other guys and girls from the town to the cafe. A supposed-to-be-5-minutes-ride turned out to be a 45 minutes ride! Here is what happened:

The "passengers" made a bet with the "driver". We challenged the "driver" to go KL and the "driver" accepted it. The first station was Kalumpang. The "driver" drove slowly and managed to reach the first destination. The next station: Kuala Lumpur. The "driver" bravely accepted our challenge despite being a P license holder for only one year. Of course the "driver" took highway since it will be faster. Being undaunted by other big cars, lorries and buses that drove along the highway, the driver actually sped through with a speed of about 100km/h. The first stop will be Lembah Beringin. As I predicted, Lembah Beringin looked just like a dead city. Cars and humans were rarely seen as we drove towards the one and only college located there, KYUEM. There were only trees along the street and also street lamps which were not working. The place was quite creepy. The brooding mist that immersed the place even made it looked foreboding. Okay, I know its a bit over-exaggerated but I can assure you that what I am telling you is mostly true. Then without us knowing, the entrance of KYUEM just appeared in front of us!! So, we took some picture as "proof" that we went there and head back. Yeah, thats all about our "journey to KL" and we never reached KL. However, there were debates regarding the reason the "driver" did not continue the journey to KL. We even nearly got ourselves involved in a car accident while arguing. Luckily, nothing happened. XD The most hilarious part of the journey is that we even stopped our car in the middle of the road before we reached the toll to Lembah Beringin to take some pictures since there's no car around. I must warn you, do not copy what we did as it will be a dangerous act. At the party, I had a delectable dinner. I even got a chance to play snooker at the cafe. It was our first time playing but I can see some of my friends really got the talent since they managed to score after a few times trying. Also at the same time, we met Diva at the cafe with Roushan. Diva just came back from Perth, Australia last Friday! They were the ones that taught us the ways to play snooker. Thanks yea! Oh, I just noticed that I wrote a long passage of craps. Hahaha!! :P

Well, thats all for now. Tomorrow is my school's sports day. Hopefully green team will win although red team always wins the first place. Green team, go go go!! :)
0 Responses