Silent CNY

Wednesday, February 17, 2010
I'm back! After staying at my hometown for 3 days or more precisely 2 and a half day, I'm back home! As expected, this year I will be celebrating a rather silent CNY with my friends. Initially a group of about 20 people are reduced to less than half. Most of them went back to NS yesterday while some of them started working. Since I came back at yesterday's evening, I missed the chances to spend some quality time with them. With a lesser amount of people, the whole "visiting-friends'-houses" session were quite silent and boring. There were lesser people chatting around, lesser people to play with and of course the incomplete feeling that I felt as this will be my first CNY without them. Maybe my hopes are too high for this year's CNY because I thought it will be the most enjoyable and merriest year of all as we all finished SPM and there is no constraint for us anymore. Well, I guess this is what people meant when they say " things don't work out as what you expect it to be".

Enough of these pessimistic statement!! Its chinese new year!! To be honest, this year I have pretty good luck in gambling! I won pretty much money. Hahaha, at least this cheers me up. Hopefully this good luck will carry on until my result is out and continue for the rest of the year. I really hope I can secure a scholarship to prevent myself from adding more burden to my parents. Its about 3 more weeks until the moment of truth! Let's wait until then but before that, I will be having my car driving test on next Wednesday. Wish me luck yea!

P.S. I didn't mean to boast or offend anyone about the whole gambling thing. Just take it as a joke yea? :)


2 Responses
  1. Good luck my friend in your SPM result and also the driving test. Ah, i still don't know how to drive yet. Going to learn it real soon. =)


  2. ~YaNg YanG~ Says:

    Thanks nick! Hope you enjoy your car driving lessons~ :P